Every Home kitchen is a place that is always buzzing with activity, right from the early morning till midnight. The whistle of the pressure cooker, the sound of utensils, and the aroma of food made are a part of every household.
A lot of meticulously planned activities are there in cooking. Nowadays no one prefers to spend too much time in the kitchen, especially by people of today's generation who juggle professional and household responsibilities.
Emerging Technologies have played an integral part in simplifying the cooking process by the invention of multiple kitchen appliances. Modern Kitchen appliances along with regular kitchen utensils have become a part of almost all households now. With this article, we'd like to comprehend the significance of a few kitchen appliances that can make cooking easier and will use a little amount of time.
Microwave ovens are now an essential part of every household. Ovens have made cooking and life a bit easier. Just at the click of a button, a microwave oven performs a variety of tasks like reheating and cooking food, disinfecting kitchen items.
Auto-cooking options have a variety of pre-defined recipes. Now mouth-watering kebabs and biryani are just a click away. Apart from cooking, We used Microwave Ovens to make a variety of baked dishes, pasta, pizzas, and cakes.
Microwave ovens come in a variety of models ranging from ₹5000/- to ₹25000/-. If you're looking for kitchen appliances that can add a touch of elegance to your home, a microwave oven is a must-have.
They are available in three different configurations: solo, grill, and convection.
A solo Microwave is ideal for small families with 2-3 members or bachelor. This oven performs the basic operations of re-heating, defrosting, and cooking simple auto-fed recipes.
This option of microwave has all the features of a solo microwave. Apart from them, it can cook recipes that involve grilling and Roasting.
This model of microwave performs all the tasks of a solo and grill microwave and is also useful for those who love baking.
A microwave Oven can be considered a must-have kitchen appliance in your daily use. It is compact, easy to use, and also ensures quick and easy cooking and hence saves time.
For those who mainly use a Microwave Oven for baking purposes, read the article on various baking tools you can possess for enhancing your baking activities. Also, have a look at the Best available Mixing Stands for your baking purpose.
For Cooking any kind of recipe, chopping vegetables, kneading dough, mincing, pureeing grinding are a few processes that take the maximum time. It is these activities that make cooking all the more time-consuming.
The food processor can usually complete the above-mentioned tasks in a matter of minutes, making it an indispensable tool in the kitchen. Food Processors can top the list of kitchen appliances that one can possess.
Food Processors usually come with a lot of attachments that enable them to perform the above tasks. The cost of Food Processors can range anywhere between, 4000- 12000K, depending on the attachments they have and the functions they perform.
This food processor helps make cooking easier and more comfortable. It also preserves the quality of the food to the greatest extent possible. While buying a Food Processor, the following criteria.
- 1Power and Speed - A Food Processor has a design that helps to perform a variety of tasks that require varying speeds. Typically, there are 2-3 speed options. When selecting a food processor, it is critical to consider the speed. Even the power of the motor is an important factor to consider when purchasing a food processor. A high-powered food processor will easily complete all of these tasks such as kneading, grinding, chopping, and so on. This requires a food processor with a minimum power requirement of 600W.
- 2Capacity - We measure the capacity of a food processor in cups. Pureeing, chopping, and other simple tasks are ideal for food processors with a capacity of 3-5 cups. The Food Processor includes a feed with capacities ranging from 6 to 20 cups. You can select the capacity based on the size of your family and the purpose of the food processor.
- 3Attachments and blades - Food processors include attachments and blades for slicing, shredding, chopping, mincing, dicing, and pureeing. Consider the various uses for which you will put the food processor and select a processor with attachments that meet your needs.
- 4Price and Brand- Nowadays, many brands are manufacturing Food processors and marketing them. You can purchase them both online and in a variety of retail outlets. Foor processors range in price from 3,500 Rs to 15,500 Rs, depending on motor power, attachments, and capacity.
You can search for different alternatives available to buy the Food processor based on the following factors. A food processor is a smart kitchen appliance that can help you save time with your daily kitchen tasks.
Electric Rice Cookers/Instapots
An Instant Pot is a cooker that runs on electricity and performs a lot of functions such as pressure cooking, slow cooking, rice cooking, steaming, warming, and sautéing.
In short, it is an appliance that can speed up the cooking process. Instant Pots have advanced safety features that make them far more user-friendly and safer to use.
The material used in making Instapots is either Aluminum or stainless steel. This prevents it from getting stains and scratches and also features a heat-resistant grip.
Instapots are the smartest and easy-to-use among the latest kitchen appliances that can make cooking enjoyable and simple.Read this article to understand the working of an Instapot.
Important Points To Remember before buying an Electric Cooker
- 1Size - An electric pressure cooker is available in a variety of sizes, and you must choose the one that best suits your cooking style, needs, and the number of members in your family.
- 2Wattage - The higher the wattage of the appliance, the quicker it cooks.
- 3Easy to Clean - Most of the components of an Instapot are removable and hence easy to clean. It may differ from model to model and may be different across various brands.
- 4Safety Measures - Instant Pots include a lot of safety features, such as temperature and pressure sensors. The main thing to consider is that the instant pot should have a heat/pressure indicator as well as controllers that monitor the temperature inside the pot.
If you prefer to have a healthy lifestyle, would make sure their food contains plenty of fresh juices. Fresh fruit and vegetable juice is a quick way to get more nutrients and vitamins in liquid form.
What better day to achieve this than investing in a juicer. Juicers are available in various types ranging from manual to electric juicers. Juicers are popular kitchen appliances that adorn every health enthusiast's kitchen.
Manual Juicers are available at the price tag of 200-700. They are easy to clean and use. The main drawback of these manual juicers is that we have to apply a lot of manual pressure to extract the juice.
Many electric juicers are available in the market. The simpler one is the citrus fruit extractor, juicers which come as an attachment with mixers. The latest Juicers available on market are the cold press juicers, centrifugal juicers, and masticating juicers.
These electric machines are capable of extracting juices from vegetables and fruits. The advantages of this juicer are they have large jars which can extract a large quantity of juice at a time.
Following factors to consider before buying a Juicer.
- 1Features- These features to consider when buying a juicer as its speed to churn out the juice, the diameter of the feed from which we can insert fruits into the juicer, the noise the juicer produces.
- 2Budget - The price of a juicer depends on the type, the size, and the features present in the juicer. If juicing is something you will be doing regularly you can consider going in for a high-budgeted juicer.
- 3Ease to Clean the Appliance - Cleaning a juicer can turn messy at times. While buying a juicer it is important to understand how well you can disassemble each part, clean them, and assembled them back
The hand blenders or Immersion blenders are simple lightweight compact and easy-to-use appliances. Hand blenders are typically simple to use and clean.
They are generally light and can blend small amounts of food in a matter of seconds. Hand blenders also come with multiple attachments that let you chop vegetables, frozen fruits, and possibly even crush ice.
Hand blenders occupy less space in the kitchen. They are very easy to use and easy to clean. and hence a prominent kitchen appliance in many household kitchens.
Before you Finalise a hand blender for you, it is important to consider the following aspects.
- 1Motor Speed - The motor speed of a hand blender ranges from 100 to 500w. The blender you select should have a powerful enough motor to deal with the tasks you intend to assign to it.
- 2Design and weight - We have to continuously hold a hand blender when in use, it must hence have a good grip. It is also necessary to consider a lightweight hand blender.
- 3Simple to Clean - If the shaft is detachable, a hand blender is simple to clean. It is always preferable to select a hand blender in which we can detach the shaft and clean it.
Click the link to Choose from the Best available Hand Blenders.
For all your whipping, mixing, and whisking needs, here are the Best available Hand Mixers, you can choose from.
This list of Kitchen appliances is sure to make cooking quicker and easier for you. They will also add an aesthetic value to your kitchen. To keep your Kitchen neat and cleaning make you of these various kitchen cleaning tools.
Another important Kitchen appliance that can be of absolute importance is Dishwashers. Though this will not have much use in enhancing your cooking timings, a dishwasher can cut down your time on cleaning your dishes.
Dishwashers are supposed to clean your utensils in a hygienic way using hot water and so they add value to households that have people who are prone to allergies, have small children, and old people. The following article gives an insight on Best Available Dishwashers.
Best Kitchen Appliances FAQ's
How does a Masticating Juicer Work?
Fruits and vegetables enter the Masticating juicer through the spout. We put the fruit and vegetable pieces into the feed. The auger then crushes the fruits and vegetables into tiny pieces. After that, the machine gradually compresses them to extract the juice. In this way, the juicer separated the pulp from the fiber and stored them in respective containers
Can I Fry in an InstaPot Pressure Cooker?
No, Do not use an Instapot electric pressure cooker for Deep frying. You can do a minimal of pan-frying or shallow frying or just sauteing.
Can a Food Do the processor deal with hot ingredients?
It is highly recommended to bring liquids and solids to room temperature before processing in any kind of food processor or mixer grinder. Steam builds up inside the jar due to the hot liquid and this, in turn, tends to blow up the processor lid and the liquid can splash around everywhere.
Can we use a Hand blender to mix cake batter?
Using a hand blender to mix a cake batter may incorporate too much pressure and force into the cake batter. This will in turn activate the gluten. The resultant cake may turn out to be hard or elastic.
These are some of the best kitchen appliances that every kitchen should have. So, if you intend to simplify your cooking work, you can plan to get one of these. The appliances will not only make cooking simpler and enjoyable but are sure to modernize your kitchen.